Saturday, June 29, 2013

Weekend Work

The kitchen island is now complete!  Hurray!  I love the new space.  I am at the counter working right now on my laptop.  The countertop was delivered Tuesday.  There are a few flaws on it.  Home Depot gave us a credit on our account for that.  The company that made and delivered the top was to contact me to see about fixing some of the chips in the formica, but they have not called.  I will probably never hear from them again.  I am going to try to seal them so it won't wear down any further. 

We found the chairs at a garage sale for $30 (for2).  They are like brand new.  What a deal!  I have seen the same chair online for over $100 each.  Now I have to figure out what all to put in the drawers and have it make sense so I can remember where things are.  That will be one weekend chore.

Jim is spending the day working in the yard.  Grass has not been cut in awhile and it looks like a hay field.  Speaking of that, the hay was cut this week.  Last night, they were starting to rake and bale.  I tried taking a picture.  It looked so neat with all the lights when they were baling in the dark...like something from a movie.  But as the camera went off, he had moved to have the back end facing me, not a side view.  You can't tell what it is.  So no picture.  They will be back today to finish.

Another task for the weekend is to clean up Matthew's room so that the spare bed can be put in it for me and Jim the sleep there when we have guest later this week for 4th of July.  We need to also put the window unit in so that it will be nice and cool at nights.

I just need to get the house organized.  I feel like I am walking all over stuff.  When I had some areas cleared, someone (not naming names here) filled it right up with stuff, and now it is worse than it was to begin with.  So I we decided to clear things up and give away. Not doing anymore garage sales.

Need to get started on the day. He is asking about breakfast.  On the weekends, we cook a big breakfast on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment