Saturday, January 22, 2011

Time To Sew

Saturday is finally here.  I have the heaters on in the room to warm it up so I can stand to be in there to sew.  I often wonder if the extreme temperature changes affect my machiines.  I am going to get some of the Believe block prepared today so I can keep working on my  UFO.  I can sit in the family room and applique when I don't go in my room to sew. 

The past two weekends have been spent with my son who lives in Montana.  He traveled to OK City for training for a new job and came down to Texas to visit family.  It had been 5-6 years since I last saw him.  So I had to spend some of the time CLEANING house.  I put that off as much as possible.  But, it is done now.  Hopefully, all will pick up behind themselves and the house will just need the dusting and vacumming that I also don't like to do.

(sorry for the blurry picture) The deer population is increasing greatly in my "backyard".  I see them everynight just before dusk.  There were two groups last night with at least eight deer.  They were coming close to the house so we let the dog out to chase them off.  She ran up to them about 35 feet away barking and they did not leave.  Then Superman thru down some of the poppers that make a gunshot sound to scare them off.  Nope.  They stayed.  We went inside.  We were trying to scare them to go to the back field and not go to the highway.  One was hit the other night.  I'm trying to save them, at least for a year, until hunting season again.

No comments:

Post a Comment