Sunday, May 29, 2011

It's a Jungle

My dad gave my sister and I his lake lot that he and mom bought around 1974.  There is a mobile home on it that was made in 1959.  It is still standing.  No one has been to the lot in a couple of years or longer.  We received the notice of value from the appraisal district and of course, it is too high for the property.  For some reason, the appraisal district thinks that there are two mobile homes on the lot.  Jim and I decided to go down take a few pictures for the protest.  OMG!
Before we can sell it, we will have to do tons of yard work to where anyone could even get to it. Then the inside of the house has to be cleaned, etc.  The utilities were turned off a couple of years ago and we don't want to turn it on just to pay the bill, because we really don't think we will use the lot.  So we will just have to get it presentable.  But surprisingly, it does look liveable.  There are some beautiful iris that I want to move to my house.  I have put a few here, but I want more.  Jim also wants a crepe myrtle and I a small one growing there.  Think we will move it also.  He is wanting to put lots of trees in the back pasture for his repopulation for the wildlife.  There are MANY.  It will just take a little time to dig them up and move them here.  The disappointing thing is that there are several lots around us for sell that look a whole lot better, so we may have this for a long, long time.  I am going to call my sister and see if we can't plan a weekend for all to go down and start work.

I am working on a wall hanging to give to the AgriLife Center.  My quilt group, The Piecemakers meets there every month.  I took extra blocks from the dontation quilt that we made a put together a little rendition of the big quilt to present to them.  They can hang it in the main room and it will help to absorb the sound.  I think we will try to give them one every so often so that it can help with the sound in the room.  Happy Piecing.  Maybe you can get a lot done this holiday weekend.  We are having company tommorrow (Memorial Day), so we will be cleaning house and doing yard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment