Wednesday, April 24, 2013

I'm Back from the Cruise!

There is so much to tell, I don't know where to start.  First...I don't know how, but I lost 1 lb. while on the cruise.  I ate everything I wanted to and felt super full all the time.  We walked on the treadmills several times during the week...and of course when we went to shore.  And...whenever you wanted to go anywhere, it is always on the other end of the ship.  Lots of walking!  I had my hair braided in Jamaica.
I loved it.  Everyone told me it looked great.  It also felt great.  If you have ever wondered about a quilting cruise, here are a few pictures.
 
One of the quilts we were working on.
Several helping each other.  Denise the teacher is standing on left (in white shirt).
 Jean, one of my new friends.  She was also my table mate at dinner.
 One of three classrooms full of quilters.
The ironing station.  Nine irons for 76 quilters.

I am now the proud owner of 3 more UFO's.  We went to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica.  Three sea days (when we travel from one port to the next) were the time that we had our quilting classes.  They are from 9-3.  The room stays open until midnight and you can start sewing much earlier than 9 am.  There was a couple of ladies that finished the quilt tops.  My oh My.  I am no where near done.  I'll save more for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment