Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Is Here

Hooray!  Spring is here.  You know the saying, "March roars in like a lion and goes out like a lamb".  It was pretty windy most of March, and the end was a bit more calmer.  Today, April Fools day and a beautiful spring day.  It was in the eighties this afternoon.  Wonderful!!!!  It is suppossed to rain tonight.  But you know the saying, "April showers bring May flowers".  I haven't planted any yet, but I have some thoughts on the subject.  The iris's a ready to bloom.  They will be beautiful.

I went  to my "weigh-in" today...I gained weight!  I am going to blame my sister for that!  She is such an awesome cook.  I ate more than I probably should have, not only at ther house, but at mine with the leftovers she sent home.  It was soooo good.  I am still eating on some, jsut in small amounts.  It was good to see her.  This is the first time I think we have ever gotten together and not had our kids around.  I enjoyed the time very much.  I wish that we lived closer together.  I used to see her more often when we lived in the same city.  I miss that.

I have been wearing some outfits that I probably wouldn't normally wear, but I am a bit thinner now and I have more confidence.  And, I think I look good.  So, I am happy to wear the outfit.  Someone else might not think I look as good as I think, but that is okay.  Just as long as they keep their thoughts to themselves.

I think we have bought everything we want need for our trip.  I need to make a top for formal night.  I bought an exquisite piece of fabric.  There will be two formal nights on the trip.  I still need to cut out one quilt kit to take and I think 24 triangles.  We are so ready to go!  Hope it gets here soon. 

Taxes are done!  I got them finished this weekend.  And yeah!...we are getting a refund.  I didn't think it would be a good one, but is better than it was when I had most of the return done.  I added our farm stuff and now we have an okay return.  And of course, it is already spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment