Thursday, March 28, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I have been walking on the treadmill since the first of the year.  I went to the doctor this week.  I had to move my appointment up a week.  I was feeling light-headed this past weekend and felt like it was my blood pressure.  I had checked it at home and it was getting low.  My doctor told me to quit taking my blood pressure medicine!  I am so glad.  That was one goal I had.  He said to keep an eye on it at home and if it gets back up to 140, to take a smaller dose than what I was taking.  I had to have my dosage increased in November due to the higher blood pressure causing blood vessels in my eyes to break.  Now in 3 months of walking 20 minutes most days of the week, I no longer need medicine.

And today, while at the store, someone who does not see me very ofter remarked at how much weight I have lost.  So far I have lost 14 lbs.  I don't think that is a lot, but I know that all my clothes are fitting much better.  It is very encouraging when others notice and say so.  Check over at Judy's Patchwork Times to see what other good news people have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment