Saturday, January 3, 2009

New Year, New Look

Well it is the 3rd Day of the New Year and I decided to get this blog going. I have set some wishes/goals for the year. The ones I will mention at this time (not in any particular order, just get it done): Get my blog going AGAIN, learn EQ5 (I won't upgrade to 6 unless I find that 5 just can't handle it. I upgraded from 4 and have never really learned how to use the program to it's fullest.), finish at least half of my UFO's, start stashbusting, learn how to use my embroidery machine, and learn how to use my serger. That is probably a good list to get going with. I bought the embroidery machine and serger from a friend. The embroidery is a Viking 1 Designer, and the serger is computerized Husky Lock. I have finished all the customer quilts that I have around and now can concentrate on my stuff. I want to get things made for my house and family this year. One of those projects is the Debbie Mumm classic Santa wallhanging. I will post a picture of it later in the year. The pattern used to be on the internet, but last time I went to it, it had been removed. I need to make at least six. I am starting a hope chest for my boys. I will make things and collect things that I think they should have at their own home and put in a box for them for the future. Then if I am here, or not, they will have things that I have made for their homes. Now for the NEW LOOK: today I start with new glasses. I have never had any that will look like the ones I am getting. They have a darker frame around the lens and is shaped different that other frames I saw. Who knows what else could go for the new look...maybe a few pounds lighter and a more stylish hairdo?? I have been studying and trying new things for the past couple of months. Hair is cut short again, and I have been blow-drying it to style it. Usually, I just let it dry naturally. Never use a curling iron. I also have been trying different colors in the wardrobe and new styles in jewelry. I think everyone should not be afaird to try something new. You just never know, you might like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment