Friday, September 2, 2011

Reading Judy's post about setting goals has me re-thinking my UFO challenge list.  I have not kept up with it.  I went back to find the list and I have hardly done anything on it.  I did not keep up with Judy's group (no where near).  I did not totally understand how the challenge would work, so my list had projects that would take more than one month to do. When I set it up, I thought that the first month we would work on the first project and go on down the list.  I planned out projects that I would be able to get it done due to schedules.  I fell off when the first split project came up and I was to work on the 2nd half and still didn't have the blocks finished. I worked on finishing the blocks instead of finishing the quilt.  Then I was to doing embroidery on a few blocks and now I am still working on that 6 months later.  I went back to look at the list.  Here it is:

1. Quilt Mystery Quilt

2. Plan and prepare applique for Log Cabin Baskets
3. Attach all applique's for Log Cabin Baskets
4. Quilt Log Cabin Baskets
5. Finish applique for Christmas Block of the Month
6. Finish putting Christmas Block of the Month together
7. Sew civil war table runner
8. Put my sister's antique quilt together
9. Put Amy's antique quilt together
10. Quilt the two class sampler quilts.
11. Finish the two machine quilting class samples
12. Finish the reindeer games pillows.

I finished number 1 this week (almost, working on the last side of the binding). 
I think I have it figured out on  what I want to do for the applique on the log cabin baskets.  So you know that 3 and 4 are out. 
I have finished #5.  All  the applique is done, just need to finish the embroidery.  When that is done, then the blocks can go together and it goes to the quilting list.
I don't know where I put the civil war table runner at.  I can do that on a weekend this month.
Working on someone else's quilt for #8 and #9 doesn't necessarily grab my fancy, but I know it will be well worth it.
That leaves me with the last two on the list.  Totally doable this month.  I will make it my goal to get both or at least one done this month.  The embroidery will go with me when I have to travel to go to a class for work later this month.  That way I have something to do while in the hotel at night.  Should get it done.

But this week I am working on the short list I made for this week.  I am not going anywhere that I know of today, so I should make better progress than yesterday.  I need/want to get the dredan plate quilted.  I am about 1/4 done.  Not exactly what I normally do for quilting, but I am trying some new things. A new foot for the machine is one. It is the new covertible foot by Janome.  I have not fallen in love with it yet, but I am still plugging on.  I am also doing my version of McTavishing. It is my version because it doesn't look anything like hers, but it gets the area covered somewhat.  I decided to quilt some flowers in the background and am changing up what I was doing after getting it started.  Pic to come later today.  So off to quilting.  I will tell you about yesterday's trip later when I post some pics.


No comments:

Post a Comment