Monday, September 5, 2011

Design Wall Monday

This is the last day of Staycation.  I don't want to go back to work tommorrow.  I am going to focus on today!  Last week I posted my goals for the week.  Seeing that we did whatever caught our fancy, I did not complete everything on my list, but I made a good dent and I am pleased with it.  Here is what is on the wall today:
That is Star Flowers by Kim Schaefer in her book Flowering Quilts.  When I put it on my list for this week, I forgot it had stars on top of the circles.  I had the stems stitched down, had to make four more blocks (because I made a table runner for my sister-in-law for her birthday) and thought all I had left to do was place and stitch the circles.  After I got everything back out, I realized that I had to do the stars (or why would it be called Star Flowers??).  That is today's project.  I think I can get it done.

Here are the finishes for Staycation:

Binding is all finished on the quilt.  This is the Double Delight mystery quilt that Bonnie Hunter did a couple of years ago.  I love how it turned out. 
I finished the placemats:
I quilted and bound the dresdan plate flowers:

It is ready so that I can enter it in the county fair this week.  When I get it back, I will add beads to it.  I want beads in the flower centers and in the border.  This is heavily quilted.  It does not show up in the  photo.  When I add the beads, I will get close up pics.  Off to sew.  Later today, we are smoking beer can chicken.  YUM!  I hope that there will be left overs.  It makes the best chicken salad.  Have a Happy Labor Day and don't labor too hard...have FUN!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you've been really busy! I particularly like your dresdan plate flowers! Staycations are fun -- glad you've enjoyed yours. Make the most of today!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love the star flowers and LOVE your DD and DP flowers!!! Your staycation sounds fun! Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your staycation projects, especially that Bonnie Hunter one! You make the kind of quilts I like the most: applique and piecing.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You had quite a productive staycation. Great quilts - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been very busy! Love your dresden flowers and your star flowers!

    ReplyDelete