Sunday, September 25, 2011

Restful Sunday

There has been so much going on for the last three weeks, it is nice to be able to relax today.  I'm trying to catch my breath so I can come home after church tonight and maybe get some sewing done.  I finished a king size 9-patch quilt Saturday and just need to stitch the binding down on this Scrap Tease.  The pattern is by Bettie Hammock.  She is a local lady and it is a published pattern.  The quilter made a king size and had some blocks left over, so she made a few more block to make this lap size.  She will probably give the quilt away (she does that sometimes).  Beautiful pattern:
Results from the county fair:  The dresdan plate wall hanging received a 1st place and the Double Delight received a 2nd place. I also have several ribbons from some jewelry pieces I entered.  I need to work on a gift for a co-workers first grandchild.  I am planning on making a bib from recycled jeans.  I'll get a pic when it is made, hopefully later tonight after church.  Have a Sew Sew Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment