Monday, October 29, 2012

Design Wall/Table Monday

I am designing some applique for my log cabin basket quilt.  There is a lot of blank space and I think it needs some applique.  I fell in love with the applique in a book called Elegant Quilts, Country Charm by Leonie Bateman and Dierdre Bond-Abel.  So I used several flowers and leaves from the book to begin adding applique.  I have one side pinned down.  Need to make more leaves and vine.  Then I will do a vine heading up the left border.  I have plans for the right bottom corner.  Since I don't have a pattern to trace to place the applique, it is a bit challenging for me.  I also don't want to permantly add the washout marker so I am planning on getting everything down that is under and removing the lines before I iron on the flowers and leaves.  I really respect the work designers do when preparing patterns.  Here is what I have done so far:


I have also gotten two more blocks made on my civil war quilt.  Today, I go to the dentist to get some oral surgery done.  I'm hoping it will fix a problem I have been having.  From my past experiences, I know I will be sleeping the rest of the day and still be able to go to sleep at night.  Have a great day.  Check out what others are doing at Patchwork Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment