Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Getting Organized

I have several (somewhere near 40) pantographs.  I have kept them rolled in basically a small pail.  Everytime I needed one, I would dig through the pail until I would find the right one.  Sometimes unrolling to see the name or design.  I have previously written the name on the outside of them, but I guess I missed a few.  It was a mess.  I have been on the lookout for a long time for a way that I coould get them organized and labeled.  I knew what I wanted, but I could not find what I needed.  I checked thrift shops...antique stores...department stores, etc.  I needed something like a shoe rack/holder that had open sides, but I could only find ones that were boxy and had a closed back (would not work with wider pantos).  After searching for over a year, I decided a wine rack could work.  But I could not find one that would fit what I needed.  Finally, one day in Walmart they had a new shoe holder.  YEAH!  The hunt was over. 
 
I have them labeled so I can easily spot what I am hunting for.  It is seperated out by Flora/Fauna, Classics, Seasonal, Feathers, and other.  I have a notebook that I put the images in and it is also sorted by that.  I have an alphabetical list at the front of the notebook.  And I have a wish list at the back.  So if nothing that I have will fit what I am looking for, maybe something in the wish list will.  It gives me somthing to let customers look at without having to grab the panto.  Works for me. 

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for all the comments. I need to find a place to hang it that can take the weight. Sure will make it simpler.

      Delete
  2. Perfect solution! Isn't it just great to find a storage solution (for anything!) that works well? One of life's small pleasures, I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always looking for a way to help keep down clutter and to know where I put it.

      Delete