Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Applique is now moving along

I finally got one side of the applique on teh Log Cabin Baskets stitched down.  I did a machine blanket stitch around the edge of fused applique.  If I had the time, I would have done it by hand.  It is quite a chore stitching down and working/manuvering the queen-size quilt top.   I need to prepare a few more pieces and the bias vines so that I can lay out the left side.   Here is what it looks like so far.


Went to the fabric store in Canton and bought some fabric for one of the quilts I will make on the cruise.  I will start cuttng the kits this weekend.  I put on a big pot of beans so I will have my black-eyed peas today.  It is one of the 15 bean soups and I added salt pork and sausage.  It smells so good.  It will be great with cornbread.  It is hard to remember that this is Tuesday...it feels like a Sunday afternoon.  Now to get busy and put a sleeve on my quilt for the Jefferson quilt show and check and see about entering Dallas.

No comments:

Post a Comment